- Soups, Cheese, Desserts
- 4 cups (950 ml) chicken broth
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) butter
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) flour
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 6 oz (168 grm) grated cheddar cheese
- 2 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 2 3 oz (84 grm) ham, diced
- Tabasco sauce
- bacon bits
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Heat chicken stock.
- Melt 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter; saute carrots and onions until tender. Add to broth.
- Make white roux with 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter and 4 tbsp (60 ml) flour. Add to stock.
- Add cheddar cheese, parsley, ham and 1 drop tabasco sauce. Season to taste.
- Heat until cheese is melted.
- Top with bacon bits when served.
- Makes 4 8-ounce-servings.
Source: Favorite Recipes from Bode`r's On-the-River, Mequon, WI and The Woolen Mill Inn, Cedarburg, WI.
Posted by Allie Krebs, Courtesy of Fred Peters.