- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) black pepper, crushed
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oregano
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Basil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) parsley
- 1 can tomato paste (8 oz (224 grm).)
- 1 can sliced peeled tomatos (16 oz (448 grm).)
- 2 cans tomato sauce (16 oz (448 grm).)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Red wine
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless*
- * for each additional chicken breast, add an extra
- 16 oz (448 grm). can of tomato sauce
- Chop the garlic, onion and bell pepper. Sautee them with the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the wine, tomato sauce, tomato paste, toamtos, and the herbs to the pot.
- Cover the pot and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Stir the sauce every 15 minutes to keep from burning.
- Add the chicken breasts, turn the heat down a little and cover.
- Let simmer for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Add chicken and sauce to your favorite pasta and MACK!
- from http://bianca.com/shack/kitchen/cookbook/1295/t1.html
Mike Calandra (email@example.com)