- Carole Ann
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 10 slices white bread, crust removed
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped, cooked chicken
- 1 cup (225 ml) celery, sliced thin
- 2 cups (475 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). poultry seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- Trim crust from bread, reserving crust.
- Cut bread slices diagionally into triangles.
- Cut reserved crust into cubes.
- Combine bread cubes, chicken, celery and 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) cheese.
- Mix well.
- Spoon into 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange bread triangles over chicken mixture.
- Combine mayonnaise, eggs, and seasonings; mix well.
- Gradually add milk, mixing until blended.
- Pour over bread.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours, or overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 30 minutes.
- MAKE SURE you place the casserole dish in COLD oven and let warm with oven.
- This dish is best when allowed to sit overnight before baking.