- Carole Ann
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) all-purpose flour
- dash pepper
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded sharp (or mild) cheddar cheese
- In medium saucepan combine broth, carrot, celery and onion.
- Bring to boiling: reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine milk, flour and pepper.
- Stir into broth mixture.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Add cheese; stir until melted.
- Makes 5 side-dish or 3 main-dish servings.