- Ruby Whitton
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). roll pork sausage(I use mild but you may also us hot if you like)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped bell pepper
- 1 lb (.5 kg). rotini pasta
- 1 lb (.5 kg). Velveta cheese, cut into small cubes
- In a large fry pan brown sausage, onion, and bell pepper until done; drain.
- Add tomato sauce to sausage and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add Velveta cheese to sausage and tomato sauce and cook just until cheese is melted, stirring often.
- While the sausage and tomato sauce is simmering, cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Mix sausage mixture and noodles together in a big bowl.
- Let set for around 5 minutes this allows the sauce to thicken a little so as to stick to the noodles better.
- This served with a green salad is a great meal.
Mother gave me this recipe when I first got married.