- Moist and delicious
- Carol K.
Serves/Makes:1 2 lb. loaf or 2 small loaves
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). butter, melted
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped walnuts
- Mash bananas well and mix with beaten egg.
- Add sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Melt butter and add to the banana mixture.
- Sift together remaining dry ingredients and add to banana mixture.
- Bake in a greased 5 inch x 9 inch pan (2 lbs (.9 kg). loaf pan) or two smaller pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour.
- If using smaller pans, bake for 40 minutes.
- From the Forum School cookbook, Waldwick, NJ