Mexican Beef and Cheese Dip
- Layered Mexican beef and cheese dip
- Mickie Ross
- 1 lb (.5 kg) ground beef
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can refried beans
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). jar chunky salsa
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 small can chopped black olives
- 2 avocados
- Brown ground beef and prepare with packaged taco seasoning according to directions.
- Drain and hold to cool.
- Empty can of refried beans into 13 x 9 cassarole dish, heat 1 minute in microwave.
- Spread refried beans across bottom of dish for first layer.
- Add prepared beef layer.
- Peel and chop avocados into small pieces, add chunky salsa and mix thoroughly and pour across beef layer.
- Stir sour cream and add as next layer.
- Add chopped onions, tomatoes and chopped black olives.
- Complete with layer of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Serve with lots of nacho style chips and stand back for the return traffic.
- I use this as a carry-in at work as well as home entertaining. It has never failed to please.