- My Mom's recipe
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). lean beef, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shortening
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 tsp (5 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- cooked rice or noodles
- Roll meat in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Brown in shortening and add sauce.
- Next add 1 cup (225 ml) water, cover and simmer 1 hour until tender.
- Add soup mix and sour cream.
- DO NOT BOIL once sour cream has been added.
- Serve over rice or noodles.