- National Pasta Association
- 1 lb (.5 kg). lasagne, uncooked
- 1 24-oz. container low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 5 tart, juicy cooking apples, cored, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cinnamon
- 2 cups (475 ml) raisins (optional)
- 2 cups (475 ml) apple sauce, no sugar added
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the cottage cheese and mix in vanilla and salt.
- Mix cinnamon with apples.
- Mix raisins into apple sauce.
- Spray a 9 inch x 13 inch x 2 inch baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Starting with lasagne, layer lasagne, applesauce mixture, cottage cheese mixture and apples, ending with a layer of lasagne.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 45 minutes, or until apples are tender and cheese is bubbly.
- Serve hot or cold, or re-heat in the microwave.
- Calories: 346 Protein: 18 g Carbohydrate: 57g Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 401mg
- This recipe is from a flyer from the National Pasta Association
2101 Wilson Blvd., Suite 920 Arlington, VA 22201 which I have had for
four or five years, but you could try writing to them and see if it is
still available - have enjoyed it several times but since my husband is
not fond of cheddar cheese, I leave it off the top and just spread some
more apple sauce in its place. Hope this is about what you are looking