- Hot Wings that are baked, not Fried.
Serves/Makes:6 to 8
- 5 pounds frozen chicken wing pieces, thawed
- 1 bottle Durkee Hot Sauce or other brand
- 1 stick melted margarine or butter
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch powder dressing mix or other brand
- If you have the time and energy, taking the skin off of the wings does improve the flavor.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- Margarine or butter can be melted in the microwave for approximately one minute on high.
- Add about 1/2 of the bottle of hot sauce to the melted margarine or butter, then stir to mix up.
- Dip each chicken wing piece in the mixture, then place on a cookie sheet.
- After all pieces of chicken are coated and on cookie sheet, sprinkle with the powdered Ranch dressing mix.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- This recipe either originated from Hidden Valley Ranch powdered dressing mix
or Durkee Hot Sauce. I don't recall. I think the original recipe actually
called for deep frying the chicken first, but I didn't do a good job of
following the recipe instructions. This recipe comes from the mother of a
family that doesn't particulary care for chicken. So even non chicken
lovers tend to like good buffalo wings.