- 2 tbsp (30 ml) margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). marjoram
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). flour
- 1 can (4 oz) mushrooms, drained
- 1 tsp (5 ml). minced garlic
- 16 oz (448 grm). stewed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). instant chicken bouillon
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water
- 1 lb (.5 kg). Haddock, sole, or Perch partially thawed
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- In a medium size pot cook onion, garlic and green pepper in margarine until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except flour, water and fish.
- Combine flour and water and stir into pot.
- Cook until carrots are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Ten minutes before serving, stir in cut up fish and cook gently.
- This is a very tasty stew. I like to serve over boiled potatoes.
with a salad and hot rolls.