- Valerie Kohl
- 1 lb (.5 kg). lean ground beef
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). lard (don't substitute)
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) garlic
- 1 quart (950 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) paprika
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chili powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cayenne
- salt to taste
- 8 weiners and buns
- Brown together the ground beef, lard, onion, salt and garlic.
- Bring the water to a boil and while stirring, add spices to the water.
- Add the spiced water to the ground beef mixture and simmer uncovered for 1 hour more.
- Can be thickened with flour or cornstarch or thinned with water.
- Serve with skin-on weiners over steamed buns.
- Add mustard, chopped onions and salt.