Pasta Gamberetti e Pinolli
- Romanos Macaroni Grills Gamberetti e Noci di Pino
- 24 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups (700 ml) sliced mushrooms, washed and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) roasted pine nuts
- 6 handfuls fresh spinach leaves
- 6 cups (1425 ml) cooked vermicelli pasta
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) or more fresh garlic, minced
- Lemon Butter Sauce:
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) shallots, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (225 ml) cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) white pepper
- 1 lb (.5 kg). lightly salted butter, cut into tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Wash spinach and remove stems before drying leaves between paper towels; set aside.
- Spread pine nuts over bottom of sheet pan and place pan in oven on top rack.
- Roast until golden brown, approximately 2 to 4 minutes; remove from oven and set aside.
- Peel and devein shrimp; set aside.
- Wash and slice fresh mushrooms; set aside.
- Boil pasta in large pot of water to al dente stage according to directions on package; set aside.
- Prepare lemon butter sauce:
- Melt 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute shallots and garlic until translucent.
- Add white wine and reduce slightly more than half, whisking occasionally.
- Add cream and reduce by half.
- Add lemon juice and reduce by half.
- Add white pepper.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add remaining butter 2 tbsp (30 ml) at a time, whisking continuously after each addition to completely incorporate butter.
- Continue to simmer, whisking until sauce just coats spoon.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat melt the 4 tbsp (60 ml) of butter.
- Add garlic and saut until garlic is translucent.
- Stir in mushrooms, shrimp, and pine nuts.
- Saute several minutes or until shrimp are done and show color.
- Remove skillet from heat and gently stir in spinach.
- Place warm pasta on plate with shrimp mixture to the side.
- Pour lemon sauce over pasta, permitting a bit of sauce onto shrimp.