- Very moist cake. Similar to upside down cake!
Serves/Makes:9 x 13 cake
- 1 yellow cake mix (butter recipe works best)
- 2 cups (475 ml) mini marshmallows
- 3 cups (700 ml) rhubarb, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1 - 3 oz (84 grm). pkg. strawberry jello
- Make cake mix according to package directions.
- Cover bottom of greased 9 inch x 13 inch pan with the marshmallows.
- Spread cake mix over them.
- Mix rhubarb, sugar, and water in saucepan.
- Heat until it begins to boil.
- Remove from pan from heat and stir in jello.
- Pour warm mixture over cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 35 - 40 minutes.
- Cake will be brown on top.
- The rhubarb mixture will change places with the marshmallows!