- Potato Salad
- Theresa Santella
- 20 red potatoes (medium size)
- 18 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp (5 ml) celery seed
- salt and pepper to taste (not too much as people like to add their own)
- 2 cups (475 ml) mayonaise
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vinegar
- Mix sugar and mayonnaise and let stand until dissolved (it will be shiny). Add the vinegar to the mayonnaise and sugar mixture.
- This dressing should be sweet rather than sour but not too sweet. Adjust to your taste.
- Cook potatoes till tender and drain.
- Cool slightly.
- Peel and cut potatos into bite size pieces.
- Cut cooked eggs into bite size pieces.
- Add onions and seasonings.
- Add dressing, tossing so that all the potatos are covered but not soaked.
- Slice an egg on top and sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.