- 1 lb (.5 kg). steamed and shelled mussels
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). cooked squid (slice into rings tentacles included!)
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). cooked octopus (opt.)
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). cooked shrimp
- 2 very ripe tomatoes (don't use those evil hothouse kind)
- 2 sliced scallions
- 1 diced red pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mixed olive oil and grapeseed oil (or corn oil if you don't have grapeseed)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- fresh chopped basil
- fresh chopped oregano, few sprigs of each
- Lightly toss salad ingredients together.
- In a seperate bowl whisk together dressing.
- Mix all ingredients together and allow flavors to mingle a few hours before serving.
- You have to serve with a good sourdough to soak up the juices. Steamed
clams are also a nice addition.