- Kate Ransdell
- 1 cup (225 ml) thawed orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 2 tsp (10 ml) grated lime rind
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) honey
- 4 tsp (20 ml) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- Combine ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add your choice of 3 pounds of chicken or pork tenderloin cut into 1-inch cubes or 4 pounds of large, peeled deveined and butterflied shrimp.
- Seal and marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, no longer than 2 hours for shrimp and at least 1 hour for chicken or pork.
- Remove meat from bag, reserving marinade.
- Use on skewers for kebobs, and baste frequently with reserved marinade.