Peanut-Butter-Swirl Ice-Cream Cake
- Darlene Stanley of Kouts, IN
- 1/2 gallon (1.9 ltr) vanilla ice cream
- 24 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies(oreos)
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) butter, melted
- 29 chocolate-dipped wafer cookies
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) Regular peanut-butter (not low fat)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bottled hot fudge sauce
- Remove ice cream from freezer about 30 minutes before using.
- Place chocolate sandwich cookies in food processor. Whirl until crumbed.
- Add butter. Whirl until combined.
- Stand wafer cookies around inside of 9-inch springform pan.
- Reserve 3/4 cup (175 ml) of chocolate crumb mixture.
- Spoon remaining crumb mixture into pan; press evenly over bottom.
- Stir peanut butter, honey and oil in a small dish until well blended. Place oftened ice cream in a large bowl.
- Drizzle about half of peanut butter mixcture onto ice cream; fold together to swirl.
- Spoon half of the ice cream mixture into prepared pan; spread level. Sprinkle evenly with remaining chocolate crumb mixture, pressing mixture down with the back of a spoon.
- Spoon on remaining ice cream; spread level.
- Place the cake on a baking sheet and place in freezer.
- Freeze until cake is solid, at least 6 hours; overnight is best.
- To serve, stir fudge sauce in glass measuring to loosen, but do not warm.
- Spoon remaining peanut butter in blobs over top of cake along with blobs of fudge topping. Swirl together with the tip of a knife.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Slice cake into wedges.