- 8 lean pork chops
- 4 oz (112 grm). can mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) salad oil
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 pkg. Lawrys spaghetti sauce mix
- 6 slices mozzerella cheese
- In a bowl, combine spaghetti sauce mix, 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water, undrained mushrooms, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In large skillet, in hot oil, saute chops until golden.
- Pour off oil, add sauce mixture, stirring occasionally.
- Add green pepper, do not overcook.
- Top with cheese slices and heat again until cheese melts.
- When I was first married 40 years ago, I received this recipe
from an Italian neighbor. I have been using it since. My family
devours these chops.