- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) margarine
- 3 oz (84 grm). mushroom (save liquid)
- 7-1/2 oz (210 grm). can crab meat, drained
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) saltine cracker crumbs
- 2 tbl parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 8 Flounder Filets
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dry wine (optional)
- 4 oz (112 grm). shredded swiss cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) paprika
- In skillet, cook onion in 1/4 cup (60 ml) margarine until tender.
- Stir in mushrooms with flaked crab, cracker crumbs, parsley, 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt and dash of pepper.
- Spread mixture over fillets, roll and place seam down in baking dish.
- In sauce pan melt 3 Tbl butter, blend in flour and 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt.
- Add enough milk to mushroom liquid to make 1-1/2 cups (350 ml).
- Add wine to saucepan.
- Cook and stir until mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Pour over filets.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 25 minutes, sprinkle with cheese and paprika and bake ten minutes more.
- This crab meat stuffing can be used for most dishes requiring
a seafood stuffing.