- 4 chicken breast halves, poached, cooled & chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion - Vidalia is nice
- 1 cup (225 ml) halved seedless red grapes
- dried tarragon to taste
- salt to taste
- Kraft mayonnaise thinned with fresh lemon juice
- Toss all salad ingredients together and mix with the mayonnaise thinned with lemon juice. (Just enough to bind the mixture lightly.)
- Season lightly with tarragon and salt and mix again.
- Serve on slices of avocado sprinkled with lemon juice or as a sandwich, mounded on a sliced croissant topped with avocado and crisp bacon. MMMMMM!
- I haven't had the chicken salad at the restaurant in S.C., but I
duplicated a similar chicken salad from another restaurant.