- An icing for cookies
- angie j
- 1 lb (.5 kg). confectioners sugar
- Whites from 3 large eggs (see note)
- liquid food colors
- In large bowl, beat sugar and egg whites with a mixer 5 to 7 minutes until glossy peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- Keep icing covered when not using.
- Stir in a few drops of water until it's thin enough to spread with a spatula or butter knife.
- Once spread, allow icing to dry before applying another color.
- If you are concerned about the chance of raw egg whites with salmonella
contamination make icing with meringue powder.