- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 large can whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 lb (.5 kg). block cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 lb (.5 kg). elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- Italian flavored bread crumbs
- Cook noodles al dente.
- Saute onions in butter till soft.
- Add soup and milk; stir till bubbly.
- Add cheddar cheese; stir till melted.
- Add tomatoes; stir to mix.
- Drain hot noodles and rinse with cold water
- Add noodles to cheese mixture; stir to combine.
- Pour in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.), for about 1 hour, or until hot and bubbly.
- You may substitute cheddar cheese soup for cheddar cheese, but it comes
out better with the real cheese.