Serves/Makes:1 9 inch square pan
- 1 stick butter
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) mashed banana (3 medium)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream
- Preheat oven 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Butter and flour 9 inch square pan.
- Cream the butter, slowly add the sugar and beat until light.
- Add the banana, eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- In another bowl mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to the banana mixture and blend.
- Add the sour cream and beat until well blended.
- Spread in the pan and bake 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and shake confectioners sugar on top.
- I got this wonderfully moist cake from the Fannie Farmer Cookbook.
It doesn't last long so I sometimes double the recipe!