Mushrooms and Shrimp Orientale
- A quick stir fry
- Kelli Greene
- 5 tsp (25 ml) cornstarch
- 5 tsp (25 ml) white wine or water
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) chicken broth
- 2 cups (475 ml) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb (.5 kg). shrimp
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 oz (140 grm). can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) salad oil
- Add cornstarch to white wine or water and stir to dissolve. Stir in sugar, salt, soy sauce and chicken broth. Set aside.
- Toss together mushrooms, shrimp, onion, water chestnuts and garlic.
- In wok or large skillet, heat salad oil. Add mushroom mixture and stir fry over high heat, 3 to 5 minutes, until shrimp turn pink.
- Lower heat to medium, add cornstarch mixture and stir until sauce is slightly thickened and transparent.
- Serve with rice.