- A quick and spicy microwave recipe.
- Kelli Greene
- 1 lb (.5 kg). medium shrimp
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) turmeric
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cayenne
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) kosher salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) wine vinegar
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- Shell and devein shrimp, leaving tails on, and wash thoroughly. Pat dry on kitchen towels and put in 10 inch microwave safe skillet.
- Add turmeric, cayenne, mustard, salt and vinegar and toss to coat shrimp. Cover with lid and marinate while potatoes cook.
- Prick potatoes. Bake uncovered at 100% for 7 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven, peel and slice potatoes and set aside, covered until needed.
- Cook shrimp, covered on 100% for 2 minutes and 30 seconds, stirring once. Remove from oven. Let shrimp stand covered for 3 minutes.
- Spread sliced potatoes on heated plate. Uncover and arrange shrimp on top. Pour sauce over top and serve.