- Jane W.
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) graham cracker crumbs
- 3 4 tbsp (60 ml) melted butter
- 2 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) vanilla
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- 1 pound cream cheese
- lemon bits or lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Combine crust ingredients and press into round spring-form pan, forming crust as far up sides as it will go.
- Bake crust 5 minutes; cool.
- Beat egg whites till stiff.
- Process remaining filling ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Fold together gently with egg whites.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Combine topping ingredients and spread over baked cheese cake.
- Bake 10 minutes longer.
- Cool thoroughly; then chill.
- If desired, cover with foil and freeze.
- This is from a blender cookbook that I got many years ago. Would like to
give credit, but I don't even have the blender any more! This recipe
still makes the best basic cheese cake I've ever tasted, and I hope
it will also be enjoyed by others.