- East Indian hot tea/milk beverage. Comfort at it's best.
- Rainy Mountain Gardens
- 4 cups (950 ml) water
- 1 3 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 inch piece of ginger root cut into 4 slices
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cardamom seeds
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) whole cloves
- 1 tsp (5 ml) whole coriander seeds
- 3 teabags black tea
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- honey or other sweetener to taste
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan.
- Add spices, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add teabags and steep 10 minutes.
- Add milk and heat to drinking temperature-do not boil.
- Strain mixture through a cheesecloth or cotton dish towel.
- Serve with honey or other sweetener to taste.
- I'll make a batch and store on the refrigerator, heating a cup as desired in
the microwave. If stronger flavor is desired, increase spices or teabags.