Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Stuffed blue cheese mushrooms with bacon
- Tyloo Fagan
- 38 Large gourmet mushrooms, stems removed and reserved
- 6 scallions chopped
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- mushroom stems, chopped fine
- 10 slices bacon
- 16 oz (448 grm) (or more) blue cheese at room temperature, or blend blue cheese and cream cheese for milder flavor.
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sweet basil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cardemon
- white wine
- Clean mushrooms: DO NOT RINSE THEM, BRUSH DIRT OFF WITH ANYTHING DRY (paper towel, brush, etc).
- Set out a cookie sheet with sides, clean and take out stems (keep stems), and set mushrooms in a row on cookie sheet.
- Saute stems and scallions until soft. Cool.
- Cook (on one side only) bacon.
- Mix blue cheese, basil, cardemon, sour cream in a bowl.
- Drizzle with wine, blending until mixture has a cookie dough consistency.
- Stuff the mushrooms with mixture (mound a bit) using two tsp.
- Cut each bacon slice into fourths and put the side that was NOT cooked up on top of mixture.
- Broil about 1 minute or two (WATCH IT), until the cheese melts and bacon is crisp.
- Serve with napkins....its a finger food.
- Happy eating.
- This recipe is an offshoot of one I made up that is titled Four Cheese
Stuffed Mushrooms. I had to guess at the amount of blue cheese...let
your imagination fly....have fun doing a new recipe!