- Potatoes and Cheese
- Lisa Lupica
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). bag hashbrown potatoes
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 16 oz (448 grm). sour cream
- 6 cups (1425 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- paprika (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix soups, sour cream and 4 cups (950 ml) of cheese together in large mixing bowl until consistent.
- Then start adding the potatoes until all are blended in well.
- Spread into 9 x 13 inch by 3 inch baking dish or aluminum pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 35 minutes, then top with the other 2 cups (475 ml) of cheese and bake another 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle paprika for color.
- You can make this less fat by using fat free or low fat soups, sour cream
and cheese. I don't recommend fat free cheese, because it does not melt
properly. This is a good side dish or it can be a one dish meal by adding
1 lb of ham slightly browned and cubed. Cook the same way.