- Party munchies for the football season
- Sharyn/Kansas City
Serves/Makes:Enough for a Party
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). each: paprika, celery salt, and dry mustard
- pinch of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (225 ml) finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- Keep the butter in the freezer until ready.
- Sift flour, salt, and all the dry spices into a bowl.
- Add the cheese.
- Grate frozen butter on the coarsest side of your grater and mix into the flour with a knife or finger tips until crumb-like.
- Beat the egg yolk and combine with the mixture to bind it.
- Knead everything together until pliable.
- Divide into three pieces.
- Roll the pieces in the palms of your hands to form a sausage with the diameter of a large coin.
- Place the sausage shapes on a board and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Hint-more is recommended.
- Preheat to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Slice into thinnish disks (1/4 inch); arrange on baking sheets & bake for 10-15 minutes, swapping the sheet positons at half time.
- The coins should be crisp and golden brown.
- This recipe was forwarded to me by my "keypal", whose son forwarded it
to her. These are yummy :-) just as they are, however, your favorite
dipping sauce would equally work as well.