- From Ronzoni Orzo Pasta box
- Rainy Mountain Gardens
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). extra lean ground beef
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). each dried basil leaves and onion powder
- 5-3/4 cups (1350 ml) (46 oz (1288 grm). can) chicken broth
- 2 cups (475 ml) thinly sliced escarole or spinach
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) (3 oz (84 grm).) RONZONI Orzo, uncooked
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) finely chopped carrot
- grated parmesan cheese
- In medium bowl, combine meat, egg, bread crumbs, cheese and seasonings; shape into 3/4" balls.
- In large saucepan heat broth to boiling.
- Stir in meatballs, escarole, orzo and carrot.
- Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
- Cook at a slow boil 10 minutes or until orzo is tender, stirring frequently.
- Serve sprinkled with cheese.