- Cake & Pudding in a punch bowl
- Julie Greenway
Serves/Makes:One large punch bowl full
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 3 Cups (700 ml) vanilla ice cream
- 2 small boxes vanilla pudding mix
- 3 Cups (700 ml) milk
- 2 tubs (8 oz) Cool Whip, softened
- 2 Hershey's chocolate bars
- Prepare cake in 13 inch x inch pan according to package directions, let cool.
- Combine ice cream and milk in bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add boxes of pudding mix and stir until well blended.
- Refrigerate pudding mixture until thickened.
- 1/2 Crumble cake into the bottom of a large punch bowl.
- 1/2 Pour pudding mixture on top of cake and spread evenly with spoon.
- Spoon 1 tub Cool Whip on top of pudding mixture and spread.
- Grate 1 Hershey's bar on top of Cool Whip.
- Repeat layers with remaining ingredients. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve.
- I love to experiment with different flavors for this cake.
Try making a Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake as follows:
Substitute strawberry cake mix for the chocolate.
Substitute strawberry pie filling for the chocolate bars.
Butterscotch is delicious too:
Substitute Butter Pecan cake mix for the chocolate.
Substitute Butterscotch pudding for the vanilla.
Substitue Butterscotch ice cream topping drizzled on Cool Whip,
for chocolate bars.
This cake can be made in a variety of flavors, use your imagination.