- Great Christmas Treat
- Julie Greenway
Serves/Makes:1 large log
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 pkg (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 pkg (10 oz) colored mini marshmallows
- 1 cup (225 ml) walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 pkg (8 oz) coconut
- Melt margarine and chocolate chips in large pan, stirring constantly.
- When melted, turn off heat and add marshmallows, nuts and 1/2 coconut.
- Stir until marshmallows are all coated with chocolate.
- Sprinkle other 1/2 of coconut on wax paper.
- Drop marshmallow mixture by large spoonfuls onto wax paper to form log.
- Roll up in wax paper, pressing firmly together. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Unwrap and cut log into 1/2 inch slices. Rewrap and store in freezer.
- To serve, thaw.
- This is a favorite of my families for Christmas.