- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped bell pepper
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped green onion
- 3 jalapeno chiles, seeded and chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Let sit for about 15 minutes, then taste to adjust the salt and pepper.
- For a more liquid salsa, increase the amount of lime juice and/or add a little olive oil.
- Roma tomatoes are one of my favorites for this salsa but it may take a
couple more because they are typically a smaller variety. This version
is particularly good with chips and can also be served as a topping for
eggs, tostadas and soups. It's medium hot but can be "fired-up" if you
leave in the jalape o seeds.