- 1 small-med cucumber, peeled, seeded
- 2 large tomatoes chopped (may be broiled, see note)
- 3 jalapeno chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) radishes chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green onion chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh lemon or lime juice
- vegetable or olive oil
- salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the salt.
- Let sit for about 15 min.
- Add salt to taste and adjust the consistency by adding lemon juice and vegetable oil.
- Broiled tomatoes or peppers, in place of fresh, will add flavor to
salsas. Tomatoes should be cut in half length wise and rosted over the
flame on a grill or under the broiler until skin blisters. Remove skin
and chop for salsa.