- 1 cup (225 ml) corn kernels (1-2 ears)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) diced sweet red pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) diced bell pepper
- 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped green onions
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- pinch of pepper
- Put fresh corn in a small saucepan with 1/4 cup (60 ml) boiling water.
- Cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Drain corn and let cool.
- Meanwhile combine remaining ingredients.
- Stir in the corn.
- Let sit for 15 minutes for flavors to blend, then adjust seasonings.
- Colorful and crunchy. Corn salsa goes well with grilled seafood or as
a garnish for soups. Use fresh corn whenever possible, but frozen corn
can be substituted.