Serves/Makes:2 1/2 cups|
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) minced red onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) diced sweet red pepper
- 3 jalape o chiles, minced (seeds add heat if desired)
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) seeded and chopped tomato (1 large)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Mix avocado chunks with the lime juice and olive oil.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- The chunks of avocado distinguish this from guacamole. Make sure avocados are ripe but not overripe (soft).
This chunky, spicy salsa is wonderful with corn chips or with grilled chicken.
May be prepared ahead, but peel/pit/dice avocado and stir in just before serving.