- 1 jar (7 ounce) pitted green olives
- 1 can (3 ounce) pitted black olives
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 jalape o chiles, minced with some seeds
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) finely chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) roasted pine nuts (optional)
- Drain olives and coarsely chop.
- Mix with all remaining ingredients and let flavors blend (30 min).
- Unusual salsa that is great served over pasta. Also good with green salad or
spread on slices of French bread. Pine nuts are best roasted single layer in pan. Preheat
300 degree F. oven. Roast 5-10 minutes until golden brown. Careful, cuz they
burn easily. Minced anchovy fillets may be added (to taste) if you like the zip
these critters give to a recipe.