Serves/Makes:1 1/2 cups|
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh basil
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) chopped fresh rosmary
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 4 large tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 2 jalape o chiles, partially seeded, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- Mix fresh herbs, garlic, and olive oil, and let steep for 1 hour.
- Then combine with remaining ingredients.
- Taste and adjust salt.
- Italian inspired. Great as dip or on pasta, meat or salad.