- 1 large box of Jello, i.e., Cherry
- Alcohol of your choice, i.e., Red Hot Schnapps
- 1 oz (28 grm). paper cups, which you can buy at Gordon's Food Service (250 ct. = $2)
- Prepare jello as directed on box:
- Boil 2 cups (475 ml) water.
- Add Cherry Jello, stirring until dissolved (1 minute tops.)
- Remove from heat.
- Add 1 cup (225 ml) cold water.
- Add 1 cup (225 ml) Red Hot Schnapps.
- Mix well.
- Arrange dixie cups on a baking sheet or tray.
- Find a cup with an edge you can pour from; a measuring cup with a pouring lip works great.
- Carefully pour liquid into each dixie cup, just below edge.
- Carefully place tray in refrigerator until set (about 30 minutes).
- The shots will set faster if you put the tray in the freezer, but watch them so they don't freeze (if that's possible).
- The example I gave you is a favorite among most people. You can experiment
with any kind of jello/alcohol combo. I try not to make the shots too "stiff".
It's more fun to try the different varieties of shots than to get drunk too
fast. Also, keep an eye on the alcohol volume. Obviously, Absolute Vodka would
be much stronger, therefore, you would use more water and less Absolute.
Another great example is to use Coca-Cola in place of ALL of the water, and
use Cherry Jello (NOT Black Cherry), and rum. Tastes like Cherry Coke.
Lastly, check out the Jellophille website: http://hazel.ddb.com/Jello/