- One pan preparation
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil or butter
- 6 frozen breaded veal patties
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) parmesan cheese
- 1 20 oz (560 grm). can tomatoes, diced or mashed
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) instant onion
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) basil
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). pkg. mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet; dip veal patties in egg first, then in 1/2 cup (125 ml) parmesan cheese.
- Brown patties in oil for about 3 minutes on each side, removing from pan as they brown.
- Cut each oval patty in half.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce to empty skillet.
- Stir in onion and spices; cook uncovered, stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Top each veal patty with a slice of mozzarella cheese, dividing evenly.
- Arrange veal, cheese side up, slightly overlapping in the sauce in skillet.
- Sprinkle with the additional 3 tbsp (45 ml) parmesan cheese.
- Cover; cook over medium heat until cheese is melted.
- I've made this recipe for years. It's always quick and easy, good enough to
serve to surprise dinner quests. Just add a salad and rolls.