Vegetable Lasagna in Cream Sauce
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml). butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). ground red pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups (700 ml) chopped broccoli
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded carrots
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). olive oil
- 2 cups (475 ml) whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped frash basil leaves
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) parmesan cheese sauce, divided
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 3 cups (700 ml) Pizza Shreds 4 Cheese Blend, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated parmesan cheese, optional
- Parmesan Cream Sauce:
- Melt butter in saucepan on low heat.
- Stir in flour and seasonings.
- Cook 2 minutes or until bubbly.
- Gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- Stirring constantly, cook on medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in cheese.
- Cook and stir broccoli, carrots, red pepper, onion and garlic in oil in large skillet on medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Mix ricotta cheese and basil.
- Spoon 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the parmesan cheese sauce into 12 inch x 8 inch baking dish.
- Top with 3 of the noodles, 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture, 1/3 of the vegetable mixture, 1 cup (225 ml) of the pizza shreds and 1/3 parmesan cheese sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining 3 noodles, remaining 1/3 of the parmesan cheese sauce and vegetable mixture and 1 cup (225 ml) pizza shreds.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 55 minutes.
- Uncover, bake an additional 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- This recipe is from http://www.kraftfoods.com