- For use in crank-type ice cream freezer
- Tom King
Serves/Makes:About 1/2 gallon
- 2 cans Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed (not evaporated) milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 quart (950 ml) plus 1 cup (225 ml) half and half (or whole milk)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vanilla
- Mix all ingredients well and pour into ice cream freezer.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- If you want to add fruit, omit the 1 cup (225 ml) of half-and-half and add about a cup of fruit.
- Be sure to mash the fruit well before adding as whole pieces of fruit freeze very hard and are unedible.
- This recipe has been in our family for over 50 years. I don't know where it originated, but it makes a very rich ice cream.
You may substitute whole milk or even 2 percent milk, but the half and half produces a smoothe creamy product.
This rivals the best "premium" ice creams in the grocery stores!