- Colorful and good
- Southern Living
Serves/Makes:3 1/2 pints
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) (1/4-inch-thick slices) zucchini, un-peeled.
- 3 cups (700 ml) thinly sliced onions
- 3 cups (700 ml) sliced green peppers
- 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) cold water
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) vinegar (5% acidity)
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) water
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pickling salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground turmeric
- 1 tsp (5 ml) celery seeds
- 1 tsp (5 ml) mustard seeds
- Combine zucchini, onions, green pepper, and 1 1/2 quats cold water in a large bowl; let stand 3 hours.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large Dutch oven, mixing well; bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add vegetables; return to a boil and cook gently 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Pack into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Cover at once with metal lids, and crew bands tight.
- Process in boiling-water bath for 10 minutes.