- Charlene Collins
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). zucchini, sliced (about 8 small)
- 1/3 lb (.2 kg). onion, quartered and sliced (about 1 small)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) canning salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) mustard seed
- 1 tsp (5 ml) celery salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) turmeric
- 3 cups (700 ml) vinegar
- Combine zucchini and onion; sprinkle with salt;add cold water to cover.
- Let stand 2 hours. Drain; rinse and drain thoroughly.
- Combine remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Pour vinegar mixture over zucchini and onions. Let stand 2 hours.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pack hot zucchini and liquid into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Remove air bubbles.
- Adjust two piece caps.
- Process 15 minutes in a boiling water canner.
- I found this in the Ball Blue Book guide for my mother-in-law to help
with her hearty zucchini plants.