- Delicious and "garlicky"
- "The Best of Beard" Cookbook by James Beard
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). jumbo shrimp
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I triple this)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped parsley
- 1 tsp (5 ml). dried basil
- 1 tsp (5 ml). dry mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive or peanut oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Split through shell of each shrimp with kitchen shears.
- Remove black vein but leave shrimp shell intact.
- Place in bowl or jar with mixture of remaining ingredients; marinate for several hours or overnight (I have marinated for 2 days with excellent results).
- Grill over charcoal or in a broiler for 4 to 5 minutes or until shells are slightly browned and shrimp are just cooked through.
- The longer these marinate the better they are. Don't grill too long or
they will be hard to peel.