- A twist to chicken & dressing
- 3 med. squash sliced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) onion powder
- 1 can cream of onion soup
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) corn meal
- 3 eggs
- 1 small can Pet (concensed) milk
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) dried sage
- Mix corn meal, pet milk, 1 egg together.
- Add enough water to make thick batter.
- Pour into a greased iron skillet.
- Cook 350 F. for approx.30 min.
- Put squash in saucepan add enough water to cover and add onion powder.
- Boil until tender most of the water will evaporate.
- Mash squash add soup,add crmbled up cornbread, add 2 eggs,add enough water to make thick consistancy, add sage and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in baking dish.
- Bake 30 min. 350 F.