- Zainab al-Mousawi
- 4 cups (950 ml) white flour
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) sugar
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) corn oil
- 1/4 tbsp (4 ml) salt
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) water
- oil for fry
- flour to dust
- Sift dry ingredients. Add oil and water knead until smooth, divide dough into 12 equal balls.
- Roll each portion into round shape, brush with 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil, fold into cylinder shape, dust with flour, repeat for the remaining balls.
- Dust with flour and roll out each pice to 17 cm (7 in) diameter disc.
- Heat griddle and shallow fry both sides over low heat till golden.