- Joyce Anderson
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar, packed
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) chili powder
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) curry powder
- 16 hamburger buns
- Cook ground beef slowly in heavy saucepan, stirring to break up meat.
- Add onions; cook until soft and transparent.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve 1/4 cup (60 ml) mixture in each hamburger bun.
- You can use dehydrated onion, if you rehydrate before use. Can subsitute
tomato sauce with 1/2 can of tomato soup and 1/2 cup catsup.